Free Consultation 

February 26, 2021


No one wants to hear that someone they know was involved in a car accident. Everyone knows that an accident can be devastating to both the victim and their family. In an ideal world, accidents would never happen; and, if they did, it would be great if everyone were driving slowly, and there would be no damages or injuries from the accident.

However, we all know we do not live in an ideal world. Accidents happen and people are injured because of the accidents. Most motor vehicle accidents are caused by high rates of speed and/or some type of distracted driving. And, even in situations where speed was not the main cause of the crash, the injuries caused by the accident can be much worse than expected.

When there is a sudden impact, someone is probably going to be injured and in pain, and there could even be life-altering injuries. Our bodies are not created to take severe hits and continue moving. Even the smallest accident can cause ongoing pain and bruising. Add to that high rates of speeds and the accident, and injuries sustained, can become very serious.

Some of us learned in our physics class that when an object hits another, the energy from the impact needs to go somewhere. What this typically means is that the vehicles involved in the collision take the brunt of the energy causing everything from a dent to a vehicle being moved with force. However, there are times when the vehicle does not take all of the brunt force and the driver and/or passenger, end up injured. When this happens, you should consider calling an experienced car accident lawyer.

Traffic laws exist for a reason, and even if you are following the law, others may not be, so you could be the victim of a car wreck. Not every driver respects the rules of the road the way you and others do. And others do not understand the responsibility they have when they get behind the wheel.

When you end up suffering because of the fault of another, you need someone on your side – someone who can help, you need the experienced team of attorneys at Hardee, Massey & Blodgett.

If you or a family member are dealing with injuries from a car crash caused either by a high rate of speed or distracted driving, call Hardee, Massey & Blodgett. With over 58 years of car accident experience, we can help you get the fair and just compensation that you may deserve from the negligent party.

Car accidents can change you and your families lives forever. Let our team help you navigate the legal system, call us at 252-375-2525.

February 23, 2021




Any time you are driving on a major highway you will eventually cross paths with a vehicle that is larger than an average sized or compact car. No matter how many years you have been driving, it can be intimidating driving on the highway – large SUVs and tractor trailers passing by you at high rates of speed – especially if you are driving a compact or a standard four-door sedan.


Driving around vehicles that are hauling or pulling cargo, ones that have more than our wheels, will definitely make most people think twice before passing or merging into their lane. It is very important to always be operating your vehicle in a responsible and safe manner, but what is more important is making sure you are sharing the road with large vehicles and tractor trailers.


People who are in accidents with tractor trailers and larger vehicles are automatically at a higher risk of having more serious and sometimes fatal injuries. Trucks are dangerous, but SUVs and vans can also so more damage to a compact sized car. Even the best car, with the highest safety ratings, can only protect its driver and passengers from so much. When you are driving at high rates of speed and hit another vehicle (or it hits you), nothing can prevent 100% of the injuries. Injuries caused by large vehicle accidents are often difficult for the injured party and their families, which is why, the attorneys at Hardee, Massey and Blodgett want you to know that you do not have to navigate the legal system alone, they are available to help 24/7.


Most of the time large vehicles on the road are owned by a company or corporation. Most tractor trailers are part of or an extension to a business. In the event of an accident, this should change how you and your attorney approach a claim. There are definite differences in how accidents with a car and tractor trailer should be handled, and it can be confusing, with or without injuries. This is just another reason why you should consider getting the help of an experience motor vehicle attorney if you are going to file a claim.


If you were in an accident with a large vehicle, you need a team of fighters on your side. The attorneys at Hardee, Massey & Blodgett have over 58 years of experience with these types of cases and they will do everything they can to ensure you get the compensation you may  deserve for your injuries.


Do not be scared or confused, do not try to deal with insurance companies on your own. Put Charles Hardee, Brack Massey and Kyle Blodgett to work for you today. Put their experience to work for you, call 252-378-2525 today.

February 18, 2021


Many people groan when they see farm equipment entering the roadway or driving down the road, but farmers need to use the public roadways to travel from field to field or from their farm to their field. It is the only way for them to get their equipment to the place it is needed, and according to Connect NCDOT, they have legal rights allowing them to use any state roadway just like other drivers.

According to Connect NCDOT, you have the legal right to use any state road.



Farmers can only use interstates or freeways that have approval by the North Carolina Department of Transportation. When farmers and their equipment are on these types of roadways, they must have an escort vehicle driving behind then with working flashing lights.

Approval of roads are received if department believes it will be safe for other motorists and for farmers based on the speed they will be driving and the oversized nature of the equipment. You can find an  approved route list on the NCDOT website.

If farmers and farm equipment drive on an unauthorized road, they can face misdemeanor or other traffic charges. They can also be liable for any issues caused such as damage to other vehicles and property, as well as injuries to individuals.



Agricultural workers must follow all the rules of the road and drive safely at all times. They should try to arrange their travel schedules on busier roads during nonpeak times, and make sure there is a clear route to travel. They should also ensure all roads they are traveling are either state roads or authorized roads and that they are using warning signs and lighting, plus avoiding travel in adverse weather conditions.


If you have been injured in an accident involving farm equipment, contact our experienced attorneys at Hardee, Massey & Blodgett. We will be happy to provide you with a free case evaluation and help you decide if you have a claim. Call us today.

February 16, 2021


If you have been in an accident and your vehicle was severely damaged, you may be wondering if you are entitled to a rental vehicle. The answer is yes!

If the vehicle is disabled, you are entitled to a rental vehicle from the time of the collision until the repairs are finished. If your vehicle is not disabled, then you are entitled to a rental vehicle starting on the day the body shop begins working on the repairs. The insurance adjuster, who works for the insurance company, knows how many days it will take to repair your vehicle and normally will not allow any additional days beyond that for a rental vehicle. If the body shop is slow in completing the repairs on your vehicle, the insurance company will not pay for any more time than was reasonably necessary for the repair your vehicle, so you should pick a reputable body shop that stands by its repairs and will also be responsible for any delays.

In most cased you will be provided a rental vehicle that is comparable to the car that was damaged. Some insurance companies have arrangements with rental companies where one call from the insurance company to the rental company will produce a vehicle at fairly modest costs which the insurance company will either pay direct or reimburse you for later.

In the case where an insurance company will not provide  you with a rental vehicle because the insured has not reported the claim or they are still investigating the claim, you can rent a vehicle at prevailing market prices and then if the liability company accepts liability they should ultimately pay for the vehicle and possibly allow you to continue renting.

If you decide to rent a vehicle on your own, you are taking a chance that the insurance company will not accept responsibility. You should always rent a car from a contract rental agency that charges insurance rates. If you don’t,  often the liability insurance company will refuse to be liable for the initial rental costs at the higher rates of insurance if rates were available at another company for less. Mileage and gas are not paid for by the liability insurance company, just the daily rental cost of the vehicle.

If you have been injured in an accident and need access to a rental car, you may need to contact an experienced car accident attorney who can help you navigate the complex system. Call the team of trusted attorneys at Hardee, Massey & Blodgett for a free consultation today.